Hairs Still Feels Dead After Stopping Use of Dye

I have stopped dying my hair for almost a year and it still feels and looks dead! Does anyone know what I can do to make it healthy?

Brittany from Sallisaw, Oklahoma

Go to a beauty supply store and purchase a good hair reconstructor. Just ask one of the beauticians who work there.

I don't know how long your hair is, but you can calculate the length that is new growth since you quit dying it. Hair grows at a rate of about one half inch per month. So if you quit dying it about a year ago, you have six inches of new growth. If it were my hair, I'd have it cut to the new length rather than try to fix up the old dead stuff.

Add a little folic acid to your diet with suppliments and try drinking a packet of unflavoured gelatin in 8 ounces of liquid every day for a while.

If it's the old dyed hair you're talking about there's really only one way to fix it: cut it off.

good luck!

The True & Tried is Mayonnaise it has everything in it. I use it once every six months for intense conditioning. My hair is shiny no split ends.

All my friends use this method, some even once week, also a tip the longer you leave it on the better! Try it you will like it.

Condition, condition, condition! Try one that is designed for damaged hair, like Dove or Pantene. Also, go to WalMart or KMart or CVS and purchase some Prenatal vitamins and take one daily. Plus, be sure that you get a trim. You need to keep the "dead ends" trimmed off in order for the hair to grow.

IF you hair is ruined due to the previous damage there is nothing you can do. The only option is cut it off and wait for new healthy hair to grow back in. There's nothing you can do, supplement wise, that will help, since that will only help the hew hair that grows in and not help the hair you already have. A deep conditioner well help greatly but not Pantene or any other store bought one that has parabens in it. IT DOES condition but it is TERRIBLE for your hair and for your body in general. My only suggestion is to cut your hair as short as you can and get a great conditioner, which will be worth the money you spend on it.As your hair grows keep cutting off the damaged part and then never dye it again, unless of course you want to fry your hair again.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareApril 29, 2008
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs, Man Plucking Eyebrows
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄