Carnival Party for a 13 Year Old Boy

My son is turning 13. I am thinking of turning my whole yard into a huge carnival. Would he be to old for that?

Best Answer

A carnival party sounds fun, but 13 might be pushing it. The only way to know for sure is to ask your son. Carnival food (teens love walking tacos) and games (knocking down milk bottles, balloon/dart game, etc.) for "teen" prizes might be fun and no teen could resist if you fashioned some kind of dunk tank with mom or dad on the hot seat.

We did that for my daughters 13th and she still raves about it, even her 18 yr old brother brought friends. Just remember, how you gonna top it next year?

I think your son would love it as long as it is not geared too young. Games with prizes would hold interest and yes 'teen' type foods. If you couldn't come up with a 'dunk tank, you could do water balloons... As far as topping it next year, my sister gave her granddaughter a real treat for her 14th birthday. She rented a motel room for a big sleep over. There was a fun loving adult to supervise and give the kids a ride to the mall. Later, they had pizza delivered to to motel and watched movies. They all had a blast.

It all depends on what kind of games you are playing. Ask your son what games he would rather do.

Make sure your homeowner's insurance will cover this event. You don't need any health insurance companies suing you over someone's medical claims. For instance, a friend broke her ankle going down someone's house steps. Friend's health insurance wanted the name and addy of the homeowner so they could sue for reimbursement. Even though the friend was being clumsy and the homeowner was not to blame. Get the point?

I am having one for my 30 year old husband. Everyone is really excited. Your never to old for a carnival!

It depends,if your putting up marry go rounds and wack,a,mole then problem not.But if you put up a target shooting game with a prize of some sort like a video game or BB gun I'm sure they would like it.But that's just my opinion,I have a 13 year old son whom I'm sure would love it.if u would like anymore ideas my email is below.