College Graduation Party Decorations

Looking for some inexpensive decorations for a college graduation party.

Melt some old vinyl records for bowls and trays to hold the party food. These are so cute! Google the internet for instructions. I bought some old records at the Salvation Army for a quarter each. They'll decorate your tables as well as being useful.

Graduation ought not be an end. It is an exciting milestone in a young person's life. To make your graduation party more fun, you can decorate it with digital photo collages about school moments. ... graduation-party-photo-collages.html

When you are getting prepared remember your guests. Decorating your guests and asking them to dress up can make the party a little bit more special. They may dress in your theme, just wear a copy of the graduate's distinctive clothing or even wear a graduate photo t-shirt. Low cost ideas for guests also include asking them to bring their own piece of graduate memorabilia.

April 17, 2008 Flag

I am doing a surprise college graduation party for my sister. I am having 30 people at my house with not a lot of room or money and I have no idea how to decorate for it. Her favorite colors are bright colors like hot pink green blue! Any suggestions? Help please!

College Graduation Party Decorations

My favorite decoration for a graduation party is a display of fortune cookies. Get a bag of three dozen or more, and fill a punch bowl or a hurricane shade or a large clear ginger jar vase for a centerpiece. These can be casual or elegant, to suit your other decorations and they're very inexpensive. (12/10/2007)

By Thrifty Me

College Graduation Party Decorations

Don't forget to hit the party stores on new year's day. You can get 2008 decorations for half price. So this should help with your budget. Kim Joppa, MD (12/22/2007)

By Kim

December 6, 2007 Flag

My husband and I are graduating college in December. We are planning a little graduation party for our family and friends for the day of graduation. I need ideas for decorations that would be easy and inexpensive. Granted my husband and I are in our mid twenties and were looking for a more mature look. Any suggestions?

Courtney from Birmingham, AL

College Graduation Party Decorations

Depending on your degrees, you might try to theme the party around your future professions.

For instance, a financial type degree, use chocolate coins in candy dishes, and make printouts on your computer of money for place mats.

Nurse-go for medical theme
You can design a lot on a computer to print out and using card stock you can create the invitations, place mats, or scan your diploma and use it as a place mat.

Let us know what your degrees are and surely someone can come up with something unique.
Tina (10/01/2006)

By trbrown22

College Graduation Party Decorations

I'm in the same situation. Some cool ideas I have found are:

1) Have a customized yard sign made (about $16). You can find it at

2) Buy a graduation dog or other item you can find on the internet that your guests can sign that you can keep.

3) Gather pictures you have taken throughout your time at college and make a slide show presentation using Windows Movie Maker and play it for your guests at the party.

4) Order a customized cake at your local bakery and have them include a photo of the two of you on it.

5) Have the guests sign the inside of your graduation caps and write a short message (great keepsake).

6) Present your guests with certificates of appreciation (for those who have helped the two of you during college). You can order them for cheap on the internet and have them personalized.

Hope this helps!! (10/14/2007)

By Courtney

Holidays and Parties Parties GraduationApril 17, 2008
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College
Graduation caps thrown in the air after the graduation ceremony.Saving Money on Graduation Announcements,
Saving Money on Graduation Announcements