Looking For Low Fat Low Sugar Recipes

I would like to see some healthy recipes posted. I need to see low fat and sugar as I may be borderline diabetic and would like to change that if I can.

Carolyn from Hamilton Ontario, Canada

If you go in the search box and put in Glycemic cooking recipes, there is a large selection to choose from. This may help you, good luck

Tis is a website that I use alot.

www.splenda.com. good Luck

Since you are fron Ontario, try the website for the Canadian Diabetic Association. It is fairly easy to adapt recipes as well. Since Splenda is the best for cooking and is equal measure for measure with sugar. As for fat, changing the kind of fat will work, it can also be reduced in baked goods by using unsweetened applesauce. Portion control is a big one here. Usually u can reduce the salt quite a bit in baked goods, except yeast breads. Try using that new Nutrigrain flour too, it is high fiber and still looks white. I would request an appointment with a dietition through your family doctor too as when I was diagnosed type 2 I found them very helpful. Good luck fellow Ontarian.

I use Splenda or any diet sugar (tells you on box how many packets equal a cup) and substitue the fat with applesauce using the amount it says for the fat. Though I do add a tablespoon of fat for the texture. Applesauce dosen't work in pie crust though.

Happy cooking!

Food and Recipes Recipes DietingOctober 6, 2007
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar