List for Trip Packing

In 1998, when we were expecting our first grandchild, I made a list of everything I needed to take with me to stay for a week, including my tooth brush and underwear.

Our daughter called while I was at work and said, "Mom, are you ready to be a grandma? My water just broke!" She herself was at work and being a nurse, they sent her right on up to the maternity ward.

We had a 4 hour drive to make and were packed and on the road within an hour, thanks to my trusty list of everything I needed to take with me. We made it in plenty of time to be there when our granddaughter was born, an experience I will always cherish and never forget.

I still use this list when getting our things together to go on a trip. It is quite worn now and over the years I have penciled in many items. I know exactly where my list is and I can be packed and ready to go in just a few minutes and have everything I need.

I would be lost without so I've got to take the time to retype it and save it on my computer.

By Betty from NC

I do that also Betty. It is sure a time saver and if you start your first list several days before your trip,as you think of them, you can add things to it that you otherwise would have forgotten. I keep my list in my suitcase. When we get them down from the closet. There's the list ready for me to fill. Good tip. Don't forget to add the kids to the list. lol

Do like I do. Put the list inside of your luggage.

Since we moved twenty-two times, I had both temporary and permanent lists memorized, which came in handy for when we wanted to vacation and now also handy for my grandson, thirty four years later, who goes to church camp, with the exception that I must mark every single item, but works out when he visits his mom 1,000 miles away twice a year for a month. Whew ! That's just not natural, is it? lol God bless you. : )

Glad you won. I have done this, my oldest is 47, when kids were young, he was 7, and we would take train or bus to visit my mom, I used a packing list. I kept track of what we were to take for each child and me. Then I used the list to pack for return home, so we wouldn't leave clothes at Grandma's.

Thanks Linda. The secret to my memory is: Write it down!

Betty

I've made lists for our family vacations and for our daughter for summer camp. Mine were done on the computer, and I just print the list I need for the particular trip we're taking. I added a page of "trip preparations" like arranging for someone to feed our pets, errands like checking out books to read on the way, filling the gas tank, picking up snacks for the road, etc. I also added a list for when we get home and I write reminders about what's coming up so that I don't get too vacation-minded and forget important things that need to be done when we get back, bills to pay, appointments, etc.

I make a packing list for each trip I take. Then I make a copy and pack the second one to make sure I remember to bring everything back home. I also include a few blank lines in case I purchase anything so I can add the items to the list and make sure to pack them too.

Packing for a Trip
Packing for a Trip
Organizing TravelJuly 10, 2008
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Young Couple Packing for A Move
Packing for a Move
Small packed suitcase open against a white background
Packing Light When Traveling
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎉
🎄