Getting Rid of Adult Acne

What is a quick, easy, and effective way to get rid of adult acne? Please help!

By Brenda from Miami, FL

Best Answer

See a dermatologist. There are a lot of new products, some prescription, that work wonderfully. Obviously, don't pinch, pop or scratch them.

I use a bar soap every day called Panoxyl. You can find it at CVS or Walgreens. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist. It dries out the breakouts and then prevents them after it's cleared up. I love it! I'm 44 and use it.

Think why you might be getting it and treat the source. I am allergic to soap, so I only rinse my face, even shampoo running over it brings on acne. Are you getting it around your period? Could be hormonal; estrogen dominance also can do this. There are progesterone creams that help for that. Could it be herpes? Think why, why, why.

Woman looking in the mirror while touching her skin.
Remedies for Adult Acne
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentSeptember 8, 2010
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies