Planning A "Social Work" Themed College Graduation Party

I am *finally* graduating with my master's degree in social work. Neither myself nor my parents (who are traveling 3000 miles for the event) have the money or the space to have a big expensive party. Instead, we'll be throwing a party at a local park. In order to make it more fun and less costly, I'd like to do a potluck but request food that's has to do with social work, graduation, etc.

For example, "whine" instead of "wine, Hamburger "Helper", etc. Does anyone have any good ideas on phrasing, how to ask this, etc? I'm not especially creative in this area. Thanks!

alynn1741 from San Jose, CA

I don't know what kind of social work you are going into, but how about ask for foods themed around the different ethnic groups in your part of the country or the area where you will be working. That's broad enough to give people a lot of choices for a potluck. As for wine or beer, stick with the college standard "BYOB".

And congratulations for having that degree. It will take you far. Enjoy. another part of your life is about to begin.

Is it just me, or do others find thattemp's posting offensive?

As a professional social worker (who graduated in 1980), there are more wonderful ideas than "trailer trash" and crime scene tape.

Her idea of having fun-- is quite harmful, and not "humorous" at all...

I like the idea of valuing diversity- the second person's posting-- AND your idea of playing on words. Go back to other theoretical materials for inspiration.

Editor's Note: We deleted the other post.

Holidays and Parties Parties GraduationApril 16, 2008
A girl who has graduated, wearing her cap and gown.
College Graduation Party Ideas
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Graduation Party Cupcake
Physicians Assistant Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation caps thrown in the air after the graduation ceremony.Saving Money on Graduation Announcements,
Saving Money on Graduation Announcements
🎄