Gift Ideas for 40th Birthday

I am looking for fun gift ideas for someone turning 40.

By Broncosfan from Logan, KS

If you are looking for gag gifts i did this once; filled a over the hill bag with products they might need.

I used

Geritol vitamins

hemorrhoid cream

wrinkle cream

Put some jelly beans in a pill bottle and labeled them over the hill supplements

I did all kinds of gag things like this it was a hit!

If you aren't looking for gag gift ideas I have plenty of other themed gift ideas!

Hope this helps.

You don't mention if it's a birthday guy or gal, so I'll suggest something for each.

If it's a gal who's into that sort of thing, take her to your local beauty college for a manicure-pedicure, and perhaps even a haircut or 'do. The trainees are under supervision by a professional, and it's the best of both worlds. They get the experience, you and the birthday gal get a bit of pampering. Or, the two of you could visit a local museum together (my area has plenty of fascinating places.)

For a guy, well, that's a little harder. Of course, he might enjoy the manicure-pedicure thing too, but if not, there's always this: fill a gift bag with little things connected with his hobby or favorite activity. It wasn't a 40th birthday, but I once bought my then-husband a good supply of guitar pics and tabbed music paper (he was a guitarist.) For a fisherman, perhaps he'd like a few lures, flies, and fishing line, or perhaps a small tackle box or creel.

If your guy or gal loves to cycle, a new set of inner tubes to fit the bike in question; for a hiker, a trip to a local nature reserve, and maybe a pair of hiking or walking boots? If that's too expensive, there are also little things every hiker or biker always needs, like compasses, maps of hiking and biking trails, or even something as simple as new batteries for the cycle's headlights or the hiker's flashlight. Remember, you don't have to spend a fortune to have a great time!

swiss army knife
40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayApril 28, 2009
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
A cupcake with candles on it for a 40th birthday.
40th Birthday Party Ideas
80th Birthday Cake
80th Birthday Gift Ideas
A 30 year old man holding a gift.
30th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men