Growing Guide for Vegetables by Hardiness Zone

At a time that I did not need it I ran across a pdf document that showed what kinds of plants could be planted and grown in a given zone (mine is DFW Texas). Would anyone have something like this that I could download? It was like a chart that showed a list of the vegetables then the months were listed across the top and it diagrammed what veggies could be grown during each month. I hope I am making sense.

Thanks.

By Slingshot_317 from TX

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Call your county extension office, ask them to send all info on gardening. They have what you need, good luck.

May 1, 2011 Flag

I need a chart that shows when to plant different vegetables in my area.

By Denise from Portland, OR

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking at this link for Farmers Almanac, and I am pretty sure they probably have something that might help you with this.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/

Robyn

Very easy to find, went to a search engine, typed in growing guide for Portland, OR.

http://extensio  ow/planting.html

I really like Dave's Garden.. In addition to planting info people there exchange plants and seedlings. They have a plant forum where you can exchange ideas with other gardeners and there is also zone info about when to plant in all areas. I was looking for some heart leaf philodendron and I couldn't find it in Houston because of the heat and most stores only carry outdoor plants at this time of year. A lady from here in Texas sent me some just for the postage. There is extensive info on veggie gardening also.

Oops! Forgot to mention that it's a website. Sorry.

Hope you have found the info you needed. Our local farm and garden store offers a free listing to customers, that is specific to our area.

Good luck with your garden!

Vegetable Garden
Vegetable Garden Planting Times
Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesApril 3, 2010
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Tangelos
Growing Tangelos
Heirloom Tomato Varieties
Growing Heirloom Vegetables
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 22, 2017 at 4:37:57 AM on 10.0.1.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.