Growing Guide for Vegetables by Hardiness Zone

At a time that I did not need it I ran across a pdf document that showed what kinds of plants could be planted and grown in a given zone (mine is DFW Texas). Would anyone have something like this that I could download? It was like a chart that showed a list of the vegetables then the months were listed across the top and it diagrammed what veggies could be grown during each month. I hope I am making sense.
Thanks.

By Slingshot_317 from TX

Answers

Call your county extension office, ask them to send all info on gardening. They have what you need, good luck.

May 1, 2011 Flag

I need a chart that shows when to plant different vegetables in my area.

By Denise from Portland, OR

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking at this link for Farmers Almanac, and I am pretty sure they probably have something that might help you with this.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/

Robyn

Very easy to find, went to a search engine, typed in growing guide for Portland, OR.

http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/html/grow/grow/planting.html

I really like Dave's Garden.. In addition to planting info people there exchange plants and seedlings. They have a plant forum where you can exchange ideas with other gardeners and there is also zone info about when to plant in all areas. I was looking for some heart leaf philodendron and I couldn't find it in Houston because of the heat and most stores only carry outdoor plants at this time of year. A lady from here in Texas sent me some just for the postage. There is extensive info on veggie gardening also.

Oops! Forgot to mention that it's a website. Sorry.

Hope you have found the info you needed. Our local farm and garden store offers a free listing to customers, that is specific to our area.

Good luck with your garden!

Vegetable Garden
Vegetable Garden Planting Times
Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesApril 3, 2010
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Tangelos
Growing Tangelos
Heirloom Tomato Varieties
Growing Heirloom Vegetables
🎉
🎄