BirthdayParties

Green Themed Birthday Party

My daughter's 10th b-day is at the end of April. I'm not sure what games to play. She loves the color green. Any suggestions?

Charless from Indiana

When I read the 'Green Themed Birthday Party' I thought you were referring to an Environmentally Friendly birthday party theme. And I actually love that idea and think i will be using it for my 7 year old daughter's party in June. We'll use all sorts of recycled things to decorate and use as bowls,plates, etc. Part of the fun will hunting for these things in the months leading up to her birthday. Then, as a game, we can make paper. I'll have to find an online recipe to do that though. Maybe you guys can make Green Paper.

Hey cool idea, I love the color green myself! it reminds me of newness/spring. Well what about going michael's crafts store and look in those bins for green writing paper or green mini note books. I sometimes see those feather pens in green, or even green gel pens would be cool. Do a crafts buy little wooden boxes that they can glue emerald toned jewels to etc. That would be a good catch all for their jewelry etc.

What about painting flower pots green and planting green clover in them or some sort of green flowery plant, and make wooden plant stakes also at Micheal's they have those wooden shapes like what about a frog or turtle glue to to a small thin dowel and have them paint and use glitter paints in shades of green, frog key chains at walmart, green m&m's hope any of it jogged ya for the party. Have fun!

I love green too! Reminds me of newness/spring. What about checking out Micheal's crafts store for wooden boxes for them to paint green or glue emerald toned jewels on, would be a good catch all for their jewelry or hair clips etc. paint flower pots green and plant green clover in them or some green leafy plant.

Also at Micheal's wooden animal shapes turtles/frogs paint them then glue them ot thin dowels making a plant stake. green frog or turtle key chains walmart, green m&m's in cellophane bag with green ribbon. Find green writing too paper and green gel pens or feather pens in green. Good luck hope any of the ideas help you. Have fun!

Well, it just so happens that April 22nd is Earth Day - you can't get any "greener" than that! Do something environmentally-friendly! Plant a garden, make terrariums, clean a site and take them out to lunch afterward. Go on a trip to a co-op farm market, recycling plant. For a 10 year old girl, there's so many choices. How about making dog or cat treats for the local shelter? Building birdhouses?

Do something for Earth Day, and pitch-in, like Mr. Obama is asking us to do - to work together for the better of the community - that would be great. Hey, maybe you could even get your local newspaper to do a story on it! I bet you could!

My three year old daughter loves the color green. For her birthday party she wants everything green. We are doing the party at day care. The kids will all have green party hats. They will all have green horn noise makers (the kind you blow at new years eve). The kids will all have cupcakes with green frosting and will all get a green balloon. There will be goody bags with green stickers, coloring books, and green crayons. The goody bags will have a green note on the outside that says thank you for sharing my birthday party with me. I will put on green ribbon to make it fancy. I will also provide a healthy green snack for the kids of green apples and green grapes.