Creating Special Memories With Your Child

My daughter will be starting kindergarten this year, and my due date is around the same time. It has occurred to me that in the next few months nothing will be the same for the two of us. I stay at home and we do everything together, but I'm afraid with a new baby and new friends at school things will change. I'm sure that our relationship will adapt, but I want to use the next couple of months to really create some special memories. Does anyone have any ideas?

By princess_kiki_84 from TX

Maybe the two of you could take a little trip, just a girl thing and take lots of pictures. Maybe you could have a beauty shop day where you both get haircuts and maybe manicures. You could make a book together of your summer. Let Dad have a part and put your pictures and her drawings and words in your book.

My daughter has a way she stays connected with my granddaughter. They paint their toe nails the same color and add little stars and such she gets from the dollar tree. They spend quite a bit of time planning and doing this together. The teachers have told my daughter that she has taken her shoe off and looked at her toes and told her that her mommy has toes just like hers. We don't know if she does this on visitation daddy won't allow anything from moms house to come to his :) what he does not know does not hurt him-granddaughter obviously has not told him :) She really loves the new pen polish because even the 5 year is able to use and do moms

My son was 6 when my daughter was born. When I was pregnant, I would take him out to Burger King for breakfast and bring the game UNO. We always did a lot together like Chuck E. Cheese and movies but who plays Uno at Burger King? It was our thing. We would also have movie night for the whole month. 4 nights a week. We'd rent movies or see what is playing on TV, get in my bed with a great treat and do our thing.

One thing I did when my 2nd child was born. Everyday, when the baby slept, I set a timer for 30 minutes and gave my older son my undivided attention. He got to choose what we did and we called it "Mommy/Danny time." Danny is now 15, my middle son is 12 and my little guy is 4. They ALL still get their special "mommy/child time" (not as regularly, of course). It was the start of a great tradition that still goes on.

Buy her a new stuffed animal of the same species each year, have a table cloth she uses each year and have her current invited friends sign it and leave a quick, cute message :) Save her every last drawing, frame pictures of her and her current room, blab blab blab, considering she wont remember it years later and neither will you without being reminded :P Write a little book about the cute things she does, and the not so cute. Her next haircut, keep a large snip of the hair, put the hair in little baggies with the date labeled, do this yearly, as well :D Keep a sample of the family pets, an d yours, too. Hope this helps! God bless, and don't take her for granted! she will only be a kindergartner for one single quick year!

Mom Walking on the Beach with Daughter
Creating Childhood Memories
Parenting General Parenting AdviceJune 1, 2009
Saving Money at Disneyland, Entrance to Disneyland Park
Saving Money on Disneyland Tickets
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
A girl helping make rolls on Thanksgiving.
Preserving Thanksgiving Memories
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
🎉
🎄