What is this recipe?

I'm not sure what to call it - it's an appetizer made of bread/cheese and butter. Someone gave me the recipe many years ago and I've lost it. What I do recall about it, was it was slices of thin white bread and butter and you dipped it in a cheese sauce - then froze and then baked before serving. They were sinful! Thanks

Beth from NJ

This sounds like a recipe"cheese rarebit"

We called this Cheese Puffs.

Melt 1/2 cup butter, 3 oz of cream cheese and 1/4 pound grated jack cheese. Cut up a 1 pound loaf of unsliced bread into about 1 inch square cubes. When cheese is melted fold in 2 beaten egg whites.

Dip bread into cheese mixture, place on wax paper tray and freeze. After they are frozen put in a freeze zip lock. To serve, place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 8 to 10 min. Makes about 3 dozen!

This was a recipe from my mom! And she made the for holidays!

Thanks! Thats it!

Wow, that is the same recipe I have and have not made it for over 25 years. Glad you asked the question. I was looking for the recipe when I realized that eileen-e has already responded. When you cook these, be very careful. The smell of them cooking will draw people from all over the house. They are great. Enjoy....Carolyn from NC

Do you just dip one side of the bread in the sauce or do you cover them completely? This sounds great and I'd love to make it for a friend's bridal shower coming up. Thanks :)

To Tara: Dip the whole piece of bread into the cheese. I use a toothpick!