Making a Refrigerator Caddy

Many of us use magnets to hang things on our fridge. Here is another idea for utilizing all of that unused exterior appliance space. This is a guide about making a refrigerator caddy.

October 19, 2009 Flag

I came up with the idea because my counters were always cluttered. I simply used pre-quilted cotton fabric measured to fit my refrigerator and added the pockets much like you would make a shoe bag, but of course, the pockets are smaller. I sewed double fold binding all the way around.

The base fabric hangs evenly on both sides of the fridge and the other side can hold anything you want, medicine bottles (if you don't have children in the house), often used recipes, more utensils, etc.

I'm putting this under decorating because it sure did make my kitchen look better.

By Irisbird from Lillington, NC

Top Comment

I think this is a brilliant idea! My husband always puts these items in jugs and jars on the (limited) counter in our kitchen. His excuse is that he cannot remember which drawer/cabinet they go in and therefore cannot find them when he needs them. Well, guess what? He knows where the fridge is!

Top Comment

It hangs equally long on both sides and my kitchen rooster collection sits on top and holds it in place. I have also used magnetic clips on the bottom of each side to hold it securely.

Top Comment

A cute variation on a shoe bag! My hat is off, my shoes are off. This is too cool! Do the same for office and art supplies, and we all will have super organized stuff!

Top Comment

This is ingenious! There are so many other possibilities that come to mind, too. Besides hanging them across cabinets in craftrooms, offices or garages, you could also make smaller versions that could be attached to the backs of cabinet doors, trunk lids, etc. I'm intrigued and am itching to make a couple! Thanks for the inspiration!

Crafts Home Decor KitchenNovember 19, 2016
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Chairback Caddy
Making a Chair Caddy
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄