Keeping Moths Off Clothes

How do I get rid of moths? They are eating up my wool sweaters. I know of moth crystals, but is there something else that doesn't smell so bad?

Sandy

I think you can actually buy cedar blocks attached to a regular "hanger" head that you can hang right on the clothes bar.

Lavender sachets will keep moths away.

I went to the pet dept. in a discount store and bought a bag of cedar shavings. Then I poured some in each of several pantyhose, tied the pantyhose around a hanger and placed several in each closet. NO MOTHS. If you have chips left over, use then for mulch around a plant.

February 19, 2009 Flag

My husband recently pulled a suit out of the closet (he hasn't worn it in years) and there were many moth holes in it. We noticed a few of the other suits were attacked as well. How can this be prevented? I would prefer not to use moth balls because of the smell.

Taryn from New Zealand

Answers:

Keeping Moths Off Clothes

You could put teak blocks in your wardrobes. (05/16/2006)

By Willem

Keeping Moths Off Clothes

You could get a cedar wood wardrobe, or alternatively you could stain your wardrobe with cedar oil. (05/17/2006)

By KJP

Keeping Moths Off Clothes

One of my sisters has been a professional seamstress for more than 25 yrs. I had a similar problem, and she had recommended: take squares of gauze and fill with whole cloves and place in the pockets of clothing and in other areas of the closet too. The moths don't like the smell and it's far less offensive for us than mothballs. Hope this tip helps! (05/18/2006)

By pdnc

Keeping Moths Off Clothes

Not to keep dwelling on GardensAlive.com, but I had the same problem with moths and hate the smell of mothballs. Ordered a product called Moth Away - Herbal Moth Repellent from the site. Smells great and works well. I suppose you could create the sachet mix yourself if you wanted: Peppermint 39.5%, Rosemary 39.5%, Thyme 19% and Cloves 2%. Very refreshing and no moths in sight. (05/18/2006)

By Ingrid

Home and Garden Pest Control MothsFebruary 19, 2009
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Indianmeal moth
Getting Rid of Pantry Moths
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
An up close photo of a moth.
Getting Rid of Moths
🎄
🍂