Wind Up Flashlights For Camping

contest winner icon

I purchased a wind up flashlight to use, never have to worry about if I bought enough batteries or if they will last long enough. A minute of cranking will last about 20 minutes and that's usually enough time to get to the shower house/restrooms.

By Lisa from Clarksburg, WV

Sounds like a VERY good idea. Just where do you find a wind-up flashlight? Every energy-efficient flash I have ever had has been majorly wimpy. Very little light and it takes a heck of a lot of energy on my part!

Where did you buy it...I need one badly.

They had some at Walmart in the camping section on one of those hanging racks for about 5.00. I bought a couple every time I would go there. I looked the other day and they didn't have any but it's worth looking at your store. These have a grip crank so you just squeeze it with your hand and it will go for quite a while. These have an internal battery that charges up but when that runs out you can also just crank for light. Better than nothing in a blackout and mine have come in very handy, one for the car, a couple for the house.

Here's a link that has quite a few shake up and wind up flashlights:

Susan from ThriftyFun

I found a great one at WalMart for $19. It has regular light, a flashing white light for emergency, a siren that is very loud, a fm radio, a compass and a cellphone adapter. I bought 2 of them one for home and one for my car.

I got one for 3.00 so I bought two. They are great just to have in car,beside bed etc. Camping? Sure would need wound twice for me (smiles) great idea! Hope you have a wonderful summer of fun.

Many blessings!

Orange camping tent pitched near a mountain lake.
Saving Money on Camping
Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping TipsJune 21, 2007
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
Repairing Wind Chimes
Repairing Wind Chimes
Wind chimes that are made from a clay pot.
Clay Pot Wind Chimes
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes