Measure Ahead of Time

Especially when making a big meal, like Thanksgiving dinner, have everything measured out ahead of time before you start cooking. It saves lots of time!

By Robin from Washington, IA

It also eliminates being in the middle of a recipe only to find out you don't have or don't have enough on an ingredient!

It also means you won't forget that 1 ingredient.

Very helpful I have done this for years.

Christine Lauderback

The little glass Pyrex dishes work well for this. It also helps to start with an empty dishwasher and to clean and tidy as you go!

I also have done this. I always gather everything together to make sure I have what I need, then measure and set aside in order to be used. It's so much easier especially if you get distracted and have to remember what you've put in or not. The only thing that saved me one time was counting the empty egg shells so I know how many I put in. Now I set that many aside and put the rest away. Very good tip. Barb

It seems like such a "DUH" thing, but how many of us actually do this? I know I used to be very guilty of not doing it, till I got half way thru making something only to realize I didn't have a vital ingredient once too often. Now, whether it's an extravagant meal, or a simple soup and sandwiches meal (ever try to make sandwiches when you're out of bread? LOL) I always pull out and measure ingredients ahead of time.

Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving Cooking TipsNovember 17, 2005
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Broken Tape Measure
Uses for a Broken Tape Measure
Tape Measure Flower
Making a Tape Measure Flower Pin
🎄