2004 Sienna Power Sliding Door Not Working

The power sliding door on my 2004 Toyota Sienna is broken. It will cost $1800 to replace the motor. How can I disconnect the motor to make it a manual door? The dealer said everything runs through the motor and they can't disconnect the motor or cut any wires for safety reasons.

Christie from Durango, CO

I would try a good independant body shop. They put back together autos that have been in accidents. Explain your situation to the manager and see if he has a solution.

On our Sienna, on the drivers side above left knee is a button we can push to de activate our sliding doors.

My 2004 sliding door motor broke about a year ago and I cut the broken motor cables and used it like that for about a year. So you can jjust cu the steel cable that move the door and turn off the system using the switch in the dash.

After it broke I bought a used motor assembly in ebay for about $300 and it sat in my garage for about a year. Yesterday I decided to installed it myself. The installation was not straightforward. It took me about 3.5 hours to complete because it was the first time I do something like that. There is a bulletin on the internet for faulty 2004 sienna doors and it has the instructions for the installation.

I also changed the center hinge which is part of the bulleting and I get it from the same person I bought the motor assembly. I believe the motor is about $1200 new and the left and right side are different.

The dealer quote me $200 for the installation of the used motor. If they know what they are doing they can do it in 1.5 hrs.

Try to get a used one if you can. Or get a quote for installation somewhere else.

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceJanuary 2, 2009
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out