Staple Pieces Together Before Cutting Multiple Sets

When cutting several of the same shape, staple several layers of the paper needed or fabric needed and cut several at one time. If you are cutting paper put your staples outside your pattern lines on three sides.

With a firm hold, start cutting between two staples and work around to your starting place. If the staple holes won't matter in your finished product put them inside your cutting line. Most fabrics are forgiving of the staple holes, not satins and the like, test if you are not sure. If working with fabric you can staple inside your cutting line just be careful removing them.

When making several of one image to fuse with fabric do the same thing. On your fusible web layer 5 or 6 layers of web, staple inside your pattern line and leaving 1/4 inch extra around your pattern cut them out. Arrange them on your chosen fabric and iron as per your directions. As you can see in the photo I wrote on the top piece how many copies I needed.

Saves a lot of time. I used to teach quilting classes and this was one of the best time saving tools I came up with. Remember to reverse your patterns for fusible web.

Source: A way to save time I came up with when teaching quilt classes.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Great idea. I normally use a paper clip if cutting paper. Thanks for sharing. You have my vote!

Quilting Tips and Tricks, Nine patch quilt block and tools.
Quilting Tips and Tricks
Crafts QuiltingDecember 22, 2009
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Stack of very old encyclopedias.
Finding the Value of Old Encyclopedia Sets
cut brownies sitting on waxed paper onto of rest in pan
Cutting Brownies
feeding a cat
Feeding Multiple Cats
🎉
🎄