Best Dad I Ever "Saw" Magnet

This is an easy recycled craft for Father's Day that kids can make for their dad out of an empty Pringles container. Since you are using hot glue, an adult needs to help.

Approximate Time: 10 minutes

• empty Pringles container
  • cardboard
  • magnet
  • box cutter
  • scissors
  • hole punch
  • computer paper
  • construction paper
  • pinking shears
  • hot glue gun
  • hot glue

1. First take your Pringles container and cut it down the side with scissors or a box cutter.
  2. Then cut off the bottom of the container. You will have one big piece of silver cardboard.
  3. Fold it in half and cut. You will have 2 pieces of paper then fold those in half and cut. Keep repeating until you have 8 pieces of silver cardboard.
  4. Take your pinking shears and trim off the bottom of one of the pieces of silver cardboard. This is the bottom of your saw.
  5. Cut a diagonal line on top of the piece of silver cardboard with your scissors. Now your saw blade is done.
  6. Ad

7. Use the scrap piece of silver cardboard to punch out two holes with a hole punch. These will be the rivets on the handle of your saw.
  8. Trace the shape of a handle on a piece of brown heavy cardboard. Cut it out.
  9. With a box cutter cut out the hole in the center of the handle.
  10. Now you can glue your handle to the saw blade.
  11. On one side of the handle there will be a little space. Fill the space with hot glue and put the blade in the edge of the handle.
  12. Then hot glue on the "rivets" onto the handle you made from the silver paper.
  13. On the computer you can make your little message for dad. I wrote "Best Dad I Ever Saw!" You can make one for Pap or Uncle or whoever you want. I think we may even make one for our Pastor. I made mine on the label maker of my computer so I got 30 messages.
  14. Ad

15. After you print out your message cut it out to fit on your saw blade.
  16. Also cut out a piece of construction paper to make a frame around your message. Glue the message on the construction paper and hot glue both onto your saw blade.
  17. Lastly hot glue on the magnet to the back of your saw. I used some free magnets I got at the Health Fair this year for our saws.

By luv2craft from Normalville, PA

I think it's a cute idea.

Down right adorable if you ask me.

Homemade Father's Day Gifts, A child holding a homemade card that says "I love Daddy".
Homemade Father's Day Gifts
Holidays and Parties Father's Day CraftsJune 11, 2008
Scroll Saw Craft Ideas
Scroll Saw Craft Ideas
person using a handsaw
Using a Hand Saw
Chairback Caddy
Making a Chair Caddy
Making a First Aid Kit for Dad
Making a First Aid Kit for Dad