Lacing Project for Preschoolers

I take care of a couple of preschoolers a few hours each week. Lately they are into "lacing". I made my own lacing boards. Store bought ones run from $2 to $12.

First, I found some coloring book pictures of items they liked (dinosaurs, princesses, race cars, horses, etc.). I copied them so that I had 2 pictures of each, one copy of the picture normally, and one that I scanned and reversed, then printed. Then I colored them and cut them out.

Next, I took thin cardboard from a cereal box and cut it to the same shape. I glued the colored shapes on and let them dry overnight.

The next day, I covered both sides with clear contact paper, then used the hole puncher to punch holes all the way around, every 1/2 inch.

Finally, I found some shoe laces and yarn for them to use as the lacing.

I made these for pennies. It helps little ones develop fine motor skills and finger dexterity.

By April from Plattsburg, MO

Lacing Toy
Making a Preschool Lacing Project
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler ActivitiesMay 9, 2011
Project Payday Reviews
Project Payday Reviews
Crochet Rug
Keeping a Crochet Project from Rolling Up
A preschooler working on a drawing.
Reward Ideas for Preschoolers
preschooler painting
Educational Activities for Preschoolers
🎉
🎄