GraduationParties

Graduation Party Decorations

My three children will all be graduating in 2008, one High School diploma, one Associates, and one Bachelor's Degree. We will be throwing an outdoor party to celebrate at their grandmother's and I would love any decorative ideas that would encompass the three different schools AND any suggestions to create at least one moment for each where all attention is on him/her.

Debi from Harrisburg, PA

I recently attended a high school grad party for 2 friends. Their moms had set up 2 long tables, one for each girl. They each had made a collage of photosfor each girl, starting with pre-school all the way up thru 12th grade, including school memorabilia--report cards, awards, athletic letters, etc. The collages were put on foam core boards and set up against the wall at the back of each table. On each table, were photo albums, scrapbooks, a covered box for greeting cards, etc, and each had a guest book that you could write a message to each girl--sort of like an autograph book. The tables were the hits of the party and everyone in attendance was taking pictures of the girls in front of their respective table. Wish I had thought of that and done for my kid's grad parties !

You could (or have someone) put together a powerpoint presentation of photos taken through out the years. Then put it to music. We started that tradition 2 years ago with my nephew and I am already working on gathering my HS senior's pictures for his video.

One thing to think about is right after New Years, visit a party store to see if they have any '08 balloons or confetti or other decorations on clearance that could be used for an '08 graduation party.