Toilet Tank Not Filling

My toilet isn't filling back up in the tank. No water is coming in. What can I do to clean out calcification, if that's the problem (in the intake hose)? I have had this problem with other plumbing in my house.

By Melissa from Summerfield, FL

Things may look fine, but that doesn't mean they are. Have you checked the seal of the flapper? If it's not suctioned tight, water will escape and the tank will never fill. As long as water is being piped into the tank, the flapper is the most likely culprit. If no water at all is entering the tank, then it is a problem with the water line or valve. Check the valve again - is it 100% closed or 100% open? Check for leaks. If you can't find anything after this inspection, watch the videos at the second link below. If you still can't figure out what's wrong after all that, then it's best to just call in a plumber. how a flush toilet works, including diagrams videos on how to diagnose toilet problems. The first video deals with a tank which won't stay filled. There are other videos to choose which can help you out. Good luck.

When you say valve, are you referring to the water line on the wall or a connection to the toilet directly? I just installed a bidet and now a day later my toilet tank won't fill at all. The bidet is still working and it's the same water line. So I know absolutely the water is on but I'm more concerned I might have over tightened the connection at the bottom of the toilet tank. Could that cause a problem with filling?

Toilet Tank
Toilet Tank Not Filling
Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingMarch 23, 2010
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
White toilet.
Toilet Tank Wobbles
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper