Party for Two Toddlers

I have two sons, both born in the month of may (May 11th and 24th). I want to have a birthday party for both of them. They are 1 and 2 years old. Any party ideas?

mother-of-two from Caribbean

I once read an article on children's birthday parties. It said invite as many children as that child is old. Like if the child is 6, invite 6 children. I think that is wise... If your child is one, invite one child. If your child is two, invite two children.. If you have one each age, invite only three children. I dont think you'll be sorry....

Make it basic and simple. They are still very young. At that age, they will accept anything.

At their ages, I would either limit the party to no more than 3 guests, and no more than an hour or an hour and a half OR have the party somewhere besides my home. Kids at their ages don't play together, they engage in what is called "parallel play". They enjoy the presence of other children; but not necessarily for interactive play and not necessarily for a long time!

If you cannot limit the gues list easily; have the party at a park or the beach, or an inexpensive restaurant that has a kid playground. Keep the food very simple, or even serve only cupcakes. (Have you ever baked the cupcakes in ice cream cones? Kids love them! Simply fill the flat-bottom style cones about 2/3 full of batter and bake. They don't keep well--the cones get soft--but they're quick to make the morning of the party.)

Take it easy on yourself; don't have a houseful of kids and parents. You'll just exhaust yourself, and the kids won't remember it anyway! They're just too young! If you have the party somewhere else, and keep it informal; people can come and go as needed.

Have fun! They grow up far too fast!

We had a small afternoon party for a few friends with kids and used bob the builder theme. I put brownies in a clean toy dumptruck (to look like dirt), and had a cupcake decorating "contest", pin the paintbrush on bob game, and a "bob" pinata. My 3 yr old loved it and now my 2 yr old sings bob the builder when he is looking for his "bob" or wants the video. Just playing with other kids is the key!

One of the easiest kids parties to plan is a themed kids party. You can choose a popular theme for toddlers such as Wiggles, Sesame Street, SpongeBob, Bob the Builder etc. The supplies are easy to find and make your planning process much easier as well

Dee

http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com/kid-birthday-party-ideas.html

Holidays and Parties Parties KidsFebruary 5, 2006
Easter Ideas for Toddlers
Easter Ideas for Toddlers
Cooking for Two
Cooking for Two Recipes
A toddler making cookies.
Helping Toddlers Do Things on Their Own
Homemade Educational Games
Homemade Educational Games for Toddlers
🎉
🎄