Keeping Track of Cell Phone

It seems like I spend half my life looking for my cell phone, which is always where I'm not. One time I saw a pattern for a crochet bag that you wear around your neck, so I made one, but it banged on my chest when I walked and drove me nuts.

Does anyone have an ingenious idea for keeping your phone on your body as you move about the house? (My husband has no problem, but he wears overalls. Don't think I'll be doing that.)
Thanks to all for your creative thoughts. I love, love, love this site. Learn so much every day.

By Rita from Kansas City

I don't carry my phone around with me when I'm at home. I have a little table near the door where we keep our keys and letters to be mailed. I leave my cell phone there. When it rings I might have to walk a distance but at least I know where it is. If you have no room for a table you could put the phone in a case and hang it from a hook or doorknob, but always put it in the same place. HTH

How about making something that would attach to your upper arm. I see people jogging with a cd player attached to their upper arm. They listen to music as they jog and it leaves their hands and arms free to swing as they run.

I agree with Olive. Have a place where you keep the phone in each room and do not ever place it elsewhere. Even if you have to go to each room looking for it, you will at least know where to look.

I have a case for my cell phone that has a clip on it so it can be fastened to my belt, or a pocket. That's the best solution. Shop for one of those.

They make arm holsters or clip on holders to clip to your waist bands, why not try one of those? Or wear a shirt with a pocket on the front to carry it in.

I usually keep my phone in my pocket but at home I try to lay it on the dining room table so if it rings I know where it is. Sometimes though, it gets misplaced. Go to this link: http://www.wheresmycellphone.com/ ,and there is a place to type in your phone number and a place to click to make the phone ring--so I can find it pretty quick. I made a short cut to this site & put it on my desktop for even quicker finding.

At home, I keep it in my bra (easy access!). When I lose it at home I go to:

http://www.wheresmycellphone.com

Which will call your phone for free so you can find it from the ringing. Good luck

I lost mine more when I tried to keep it in the holster and then the bra.

Ok, so I carried the garbage out for pickup and it caught on the bin, flipped the phone out of the holster into it. Well, it had rained and an inch or two was on the bottom. So when I realized the phone was missing, hubby retraced my steps and found it. Wet. Ok had to get a new one.

Then tried the bra thing. Well, was on the way out the door to the pool with the kids, did not have a pocket so tucked it in the bra of my suit. Got home and could not find the darn phone. Till I changed clothes. Yep. Swam for 2 hrs in my bra. Water soaked again. Those were $50 replacements. Needless to say, I don't get the pricey phones. I won't pay the insurance as the chances are you don't do stupid after stupid. Now i do a pocket thing or set it on a plate/candy dish/etc. Something that will vibrate when it rings. It is not my lifeline, I don't give it out, only family has it and most text me rather than call so i can get back/solve their issue, etc. (You know your kids call for you to fix what ever the issue is or do something.)

Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone, Lost iPhone in Grass
Keeping Track Of Your Cell Phone
Organizing MiscellaneousJuly 22, 2010
Cleaning a Cell Phone
Cleaning a Cell Phone
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
🎄