Craft Ideas for Bib Overall Tops

I have several pairs of my husbands old overalls. The legs are worn thin and ripped, but the top bib part is still good fabric. Any ideas what craft I could use these for? I had been saving them to replace the bib clips on a good pair that break, but I have a good supply of those now.

April from NW MO

Add a skirt and wear them yourself :)

Hi there.

Just a thought. Try cutting the overalls just below the bib. Turn inside out and stitch across. Turn right way out and fill with pegs. Hang from the line by placing the straps over the line and clipping together.

Goodluck :)

If you still have the bibs from the overalls I would be interested it buying them.

I have 3 or 4 pairs if u are still interested. I am looking for ideas on things I can make from them.

add material to the bib and make an apron

You can make aprons out of the top part. Cut jeans down side leaving the pockets on. Cut on the back off down to the crotch then cut from one side to the other and hem the sides then the bottom. Then take a piece of jean that is good then make a stripe to go around you head to cover the top. Then make a stripes to tie a round you. That way you have a bib apron to wear. I do not have a picture to show how it looks but good luck.

Make denim purses or carry bags & use the bib part as the flap. Claudia from AZ

Crafts Using Old Jeans, Stack of jeans to use for crafts.
Crafts Using Old Jeans
Crafts Clothing PantsJanuary 18, 2008
Blue denim crocheted purse.
Making a Crocheted Denim Purse
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Recycled Summer Top
Recycled Summer Tops
Old Overalls
Uses for Old Overalls