Need Ideas for Son

I am about to be let go on my current job. Our son is in daycare because of physical problems (not too severe). I want him to still be able to get with other kids, but there won't be a true need for him to be in daycare. Does anyone have an idea other than MOPS where kids can interact with kids their age. He is 3?

I am in Pennsylvania. When my daughter needed speech therapy there was a Federal Funded program to help her. She went to daycare three days a week. There were children there with other needs that were also a part of this program.

Check with the Mental Health/Mental Retardation program in your state or if you have a Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV program or perhaps your local public school that deals with special needs students. Maybe they could put you in touch with some information about available programs.

- Good luck Linda

Church is a great place for kids to interact with other kids if you're open to it. Our church has an Awana's program on Wed. nights that has been fantastic for my kids ages 3 & 4. Theres also nursery for sunday mornings and nights. Some churches have services other nights with nursery provided. I guess you would just have to make sure that the church you choose can accomadate the physical needs of your child first. Many are. It's not a daily thing, but my kids have made great connections with other kids through church.

Our state, Idaho, has a Special Needs Preschool which is part of the Elementary School. It's great!! You could check with the Elementary School nearest where you live! Good Luck! :)