Quote Regarding Insulting or Putting People Down

I know that there is a quote on why people insult others or put them down. What is it? Thanks!

By mrcleanup74 from Anchorage, AK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent?" is this what you were looking for? It was stated by Eleanor Roosevelt. Just because someone belittles you in any way, reflects them far more than it does you. Consider the source!

I've heard the old folks say, "It's the pot calling the kettle black". We'd have our mouths washed out with soap if we were overheard making fun of or putting others down. That was worse than saying a "bad" word. My Mother was a very strict believer in, "If you can't say something nice, best not to say anything at all".

Pookarina

I can't think of the quote, but people insult others and put others down in a feeble attempt to make themselves look better. Generally, people with low self-esteem do this.

Maybe the quote is: Beauty is fleeting, but stupidity lasts forever.

Or, I can always lose weight, but you will never get smart. Something like that.

Dorothy Parker quote: Beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes straight to the bone.

Is that it?

Answer

Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Cold frame and glass cloches for plant protection.
Preparing Your Garden for Winter
Unique Saying
Finding Unique Sayings to Monogram
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 6:37:31 PM on 10.0.1.209 in 637 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.