Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Quote Regarding Insulting or Putting People Down

I know that there is a quote on why people insult others or put them down. What is it? Thanks!

By mrcleanup74 from Anchorage, AK

By Sandy Gerber [22]09/08/2010

Dorothy Parker quote: Beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes straight to the bone.
Is that it?

By Sandy Gerber [22]09/07/2010

I can't think of the quote, but people insult others and put others down in a feeble attempt to make themselves look better. Generally, people with low self-esteem do this.
Maybe the quote is: Beauty is fleeting, but stupidity lasts forever.
Or, I can always lose weight, but you will never get smart. Something like that.

By Julia [136]09/06/2010

I've heard the old folks say, "It's the pot calling the kettle black". We'd have our mouths washed out with soap if we were overheard making fun of or putting others down. That was worse than saying a "bad" word. My Mother was a very strict believer in, "If you can't say something nice, best not to say anything at all".

Pookarina

By katrina [5]09/06/2010

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent?" is this what you were looking for? It was stated by Eleanor Roosevelt. Just because someone belittles you in any way, reflects them far more than it does you. Consider the source!