Use Sectioned Boxes For Yarn Storage

I went to a local bar and asked for three empty liquor boxes all the same size which have dividers right in them. Then I decorated them with contact paper, and placed them on their sides on a top shelf in my craft room. I placed my yarn skeins inside in clear plastic bags and color coordinated them. Now I can see at a glance of what I have for a selection, and they are protected from dust, etc.

By Leah from Lake Andes, SD

This is another really great idea. I can see using this tip and the one with the hanging shoe organizer to coordinate your closet (or wherever your keeping your stash.).

Picture of several skeins of yarn.
Organizing Yarn
Organizing CraftsJuly 19, 2011
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄