Poll: How often do you eat at restaurants each month?

Today's poll asks: How often do you eat at restaurants each month?

Feel free to share feedback about this poll in the feedback forum below.

I prefer to drink water at restaurants to cut costs. I never miss the soft drink.

There are several ways to cut costs at restaurants.

One way is to always drink water. It's better for

you than anything else you can drink in the first

place, and restaurants usually depend on charging

the maximum for drinks that make up for a lesser

charge on food items.

Unless it's a very special occasion, buy take-out and

go home. Add your own salad, drinks, dessert, bread

etc when you get home. Just buy the main course.

Watch the hours of special prices and go when the

restaurant offers the same meal for a greatly reduced price. Buy children's or senior meals when

it's allowed.

Eat at Buffet restaurants so that children and other fussy eaters can be as fussy as you'll allow and still find foods they like and will eat. Buffets work for

bigger eaters too. No extra charges for seconds or

larger helpings.

Hurry up and get to be a "Senior Citizen". As a

general rule, they can enjoy at least a 10% discount. Don't be afraid to ask up front if a restaurant offers

discounts to Senior Citizens or reduced prices for

children. If they do not, don't eat there. Let the

restaurant know that you'll come when they do. Then go somewhere else.

Always ask for a doggie bag and take leftovers home to go into lunches or night-time snacks or

feed them to the dog. :) Don't waste food.

We practice all these tips at our house as well as

buying a few sausage biscuits at Hardee's for breakfast about twice a month. If you do, then a simple salad will be about all you can eat at lunch. So, again, you've actually saved a dollar and eaten

Happy Day to Everyone,

Julia in Orlando, FL

We eat out about once a month, and usually go out for lunch rather than dinner. Lunch menus tend to be less expensive. And choose a day when the senior discount is in effect if you are a senior citizen.

Harlean from Arkansas

We go out to eat about once a month as a couple only, about twice a month as a family, and about once a week as a drive-thur drive by for the dollar menu or something. When we eat as a couple, we usually just go to restaurants listed in our Entertainment Book (coupons), as a family, we stick to Kids Eat Free restaurants, and for the once a week "in a pinch" we usually visit Wendy's and McDonald's Dollar Menus.

We eat out at restaurants less than 4 times a year (BIG OCCASION) but once a month we'll hit a drive through for emergency meal. The kids usually split a meal, or I share with the baby (he's 1) and a kid's meal for big boy. I discovered at Subway with feeding a little one: ask for double meat/cheese on the side, especially chicken breast. It is easy to cut up and little ones to eat. Just be sure to bring your own applesauce/fruit cup (kid's meals use the ones with LOTS of sugar). I have to wait a long time to get the Seasoned Citizen Discount...but I saw it as a great incentive to tout your age! McDonalds had coffee for 10 cents when I saw my Grandmother first use it - I thought it was the neatest thing and couldn't wait to "get old!" Guess I was always frugal at heart!

Woman choosing between an apple and a hamburger.
Eating Healthy at Fast Food Restaurants
chest freezer
Once a Month Cooking Recipes
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest