Hollywood Themed College Ball

My college is throwing a Hollywood themed ball. Does anyone have any good ideas we could use? We have a month and a $250 budget so the cheaper the better but I'm open for anything! We need ideas for centerpieces, general decorations (things to be hung up and things for the walls), decorations for the dance floor, balloons, etc. There will be about 300 people in attendance and an open bar! I really appreciate this and so will everyone at my school!

Jessica from Moncton

My daughter had a Hollywood themed dance at her school. She's the art teacher, so she ended up doing most of the decorations as art lessons. She bought a lot of foam board. You can get it at the Dollar Tree Store for $1 each. They cut out "film reels" with a razor knife and then spray painted them black. They also cut out "masks." These were like the ones they always show for art or theater. They spray painted these silver. They used black and silver balloons all over. They cut out a big "HOLLYWOOD" sign by cutting individual letters from each foam board. I can't remember what else they did, but just anything you can think of that reminds you of Hollywood. They rented a red carpet for guests' arrival. I don't know how you could make your own red carpet, but maybe you could come up with an idea. Hope this helps. Just try and let your imagination go wild!

Holidays and Parties Parties School DancesNovember 12, 2008
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
The Hollywood sign in Hollywood, California
Hollywood, California Frugal Travel Guide
A girl working on online college courses using a laptop.
Taking Online College Courses
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College