Thawing a Frozen Septic Drain

How do I thaw a frozen septic drain?

By Annelle from PA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

How funny, my husband just ran hot water down the sink drain in the bathroom because the toilet was sluggish in its flushing this morning!

Thanks for your feedback. I was away for a week and when I got back the main drain to the septic system was frozen. The pros who thawed the drain opened the 'elbow' cap, drained the standing water in the drains (since I had done the hot water thing for several hours) and then melted the ice with a hose. Time: 20 minutes Cost: $275...ouch! The good thing is now I know how to do it! Expensive lesson!

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement Septic TankJanuary 7, 2010
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Planting Near Septic System
Planting Trees and Shrubs Near a Septic System
Safe Toilet Paper for Septic Tanks
Toilet Paper Advice for Septic Tanks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:18:57 PM on 10.0.2.44 in 970 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.