Remembering Things Without a Note

Jog your memory for remembering something later without a note:

We've all heard of tying a string around your finger to remember something. Well, sometimes you simply don't have any string with you, or a pen and paper or anything else to remind you, but actually you do.

When I need to remember something without a note, I move my ring to the other hand. As I move it I go over the task to be retrieved later a few times to help etch it in memory. You'll find a ring on the other hand will drive you nuts and you'll be constantly reminded to "do something later ". No ring? Cuff your sleeves, turn up a collar, move your watch, or button your shirt wrong at the bottom.

There's usually something you can do that is already with you that will be changeable enough to give your memory a jog for that thing you need to do or remember later.

By Jim from Cleveland, OH

Great idea. I have used something similar. I need to weigh myself twice a day...I kept forgetting or dreaming I had. Now I use a small carved dog. I place the dog on the control unit. When I weigh I move the dog to the right or left depending on the time of day ... right=am left=pm. Now I won't miss my weigh in.

I leave myself notes on the computer. You can also call from your cell phone to your land line and leave yourself a message.

This message reminder works great also and it's free.

My poor husband has left the cattle water running sooo many times and it's such a waste and such a mess that he had to think of something to remind himself. Now he turns his hat backwards when he turns the water on. This may not seem like much but as far as he's concerned only THUGS wear their hats backwards and it drives him nuts! Since we live so far away from other people he doesn't have to worry about anybody seeing him looking like a thug! Bless his heart!

A women covered in post-it notes.
Remembering Without a List
Organizing Memory TricksMarch 10, 2010
Crochet Owl Note Hanger
Making a Crochet Owl Note Hanger
Note Hanger
Homemade Note Hangers
Post-It Notes
Making a Post-It Note Holder
Flower Pot Note Holder
Making a Flower Pot Note Holder