Tea Bag Poem or Saying for Mother-Daughter Tea

By ginger ann 1 8

Hello! I am helping with a mother/daughter tea at my church. We would like to make some kind of favors using tea bags. Does anyone know of a poem or saying we can attach to it?

Thank you. GinAnn

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

How about something like-Having you for a mom-suits me to a T

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting,

Favorite chairs anticipating,

No matter what I have to do,

My friend there's always time for you.

~Anonymous~

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By brenda newton 6 344 Flag

At Christmas one year at one of the Christmas parties, we each received a tea bag attached to a cut out piece of construction paper in the shape of a tea pot. The saying on the tea pot could be adjusted to fit your theme.....

On Christmas Day

At half past three

Brew yourself a cup of tea,

And I'll think of you

While you think of me

Sitting beside the Christmas tree.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Anita 1 Flag

My parents live quite a distance from me and they sent me a cup made from plastic canvas. It was made from two pieces of plastic canvas cut in shapes like a cup and a bit of yarn decoration around the top and sewn together with the yarn. It also has a magnet on the back. It came with a note " I wish we could sit down and have a cup of tea. But since we can't when you have this one. I hope you will think of me!" They tucked a tea bag inside the plastic canvas cup. I don't drink tea but every time I see this on my fridg I think of them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I saw a nice card made years ago with Happy Mother's Day on the front, but the front could be decorated any way you like with bits of lace and stencils to look like an old Victorian tea pot. It was a piece of coloured construction paper folded in half and cut out in the shape of a tea pot. Nice wall paper could be the outer cover with the plain paper inside for the message. Inside was a poem on one side and a tea bag attached to the other side. It read, Sit down Mom and talk with me, let's share our thoughts over cups of tea.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

http://www.thevirtualvine.com/MothersDay.html

I found a cute Mothers Day Tea Poem on this site. They have a lot of cute ideas.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tammy 2 5 Flag

I did this a couple years ago. I used fruit flavored tea bags and wrote from the Bible: Galations 5:22, 23; " But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I bought a couple of these at a craft show, there are made of plastic canvas and are cut in a shape of a tea cup. There are two pieces and they are stitched all around the outside with wool. Inside is a tea bag and this poem, " I wish that we could sit down together and drink a cup of tea, but since we can't when you have this one, I hope you'll think of me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

GinAnn, you could use a famous quote from a former First Lady:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

since one year are we together

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I am looking for poems for the little girls to say at our mother-daughter banquet ( which is like a tea party).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just found one on www.thevirtualvine.com and it has a lot more than just this one. This one reads:

I am your little flower, Mom

Please help me grow and bloom

Take the weeds, but leave the roots

and give me lots of room.

Mom, you are my gardener;

My sunshine adn my rain.

Too much (I changed to too little) will make me wither

with enough, I'll bloom again.

I am you little flower, Mom

I'm different from the rest;

Don't pick me Mom, just help me grow

To be my very best.

Rebecca Armstrong

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Just last night I found one that had been given to me .It was printed on a tea cup shape which was cut fom construction paper and stapled(2pcs.) to form a pocket to hold a teabag. The verse said: A cup of tea to say Thank you For all the things you've done. And wishes that the day will bring You happiness and fun. HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!! Love------The front side had a sun, a bird and flowers drawn on it and it could be colored.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

To GinAnn: Our mother/daughter tea... we decorated the tables with different tea settings. We used the theme "Unbreakable cups of joy" The speaker talked on relationships between friends and mothers to their daughters and how God specially placed each person in our life at the desired time we needed them and how some stay 4-ever and some are just borrowed for a moment and while they are in your life, they help God by using themselves to help you in difficult times and on how we should love and thank each other. We had children tea sets with tea bags as gifts.

Leslie

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sarah 1 Flag

Here's the one I like:

A CUP OF TEA

When your day seems topsy turvey

And as stormy as can be

There's nothing quite as tranquil

As a nice hot cup of tea

While you savor this ambrosia

Your problems fade away

Its warmth will bring you comfort

And brighten up your day

So take a private moment

There's a calmness as you'll see

All because you briefly stopped

To sip a cup of tea.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Bonnie 5 Flag

One of my favorites:

Mothers are the trees under which daughters look for shelter.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

We love your poems on teabags and have decided we are going to dedicate our lives to teabags in the hope that someday one of us will become Mrs Teabag!!! We love you PG Tips!!!""

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

These are all very sweet and this is just what I was look for, so thank you

and Merry Christmas to all and I wish for everyone a great start to the New Year!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts AdviceJanuary 27, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Tea Bag Wallet
Making a Tea Bag Wallet
Daddy's Changing Diaper
Daddy's Diaper Dooty Poem
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:32:33 PM on 10.0.2.120 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings