Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Tea Bag Poem or Saying for Mother-Daughter Tea

Hello! I am helping with a mother/daughter tea at my church. We would like to make some kind of favors using tea bags. Does anyone know of a poem or saying we can attach to it?
Thank you. GinAnn

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By c f (Guest Post)12/24/2008

These are all very sweet and this is just what I was look for, so thank you
and Merry Christmas to all and I wish for everyone a great start to the New Year!

By Tet-lee (Guest Post)06/09/2006

We love your poems on teabags and have decided we are going to dedicate our lives to teabags in the hope that someday one of us will become Mrs Teabag!!! We love you PG Tips!!!""

By Bonnie02/17/2006

One of my favorites:

Mothers are the trees under which daughters look for shelter.

By Sarah02/05/2006

Here's the one I like:

A CUP OF TEA

When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea

While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day

So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea.

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel [9]05/23/2005

To GinAnn: Our mother/daughter tea... we decorated the tables with different tea settings. We used the theme "Unbreakable cups of joy" The speaker talked on relationships between friends and mothers to their daughters and how God specially placed each person in our life at the desired time we needed them and how some stay 4-ever and some are just borrowed for a moment and while they are in your life, they help God by using themselves to help you in difficult times and on how we should love and thank each other. We had children tea sets with tea bags as gifts.

Leslie

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)05/05/2005

Just last night I found one that had been given to me .It was printed on a tea cup shape which was cut fom construction paper and stapled(2pcs.) to form a pocket to hold a teabag. The verse said: A cup of tea to say Thank you For all the things you've done. And wishes that the day will bring You happiness and fun. HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!! Love------The front side had a sun, a bird and flowers drawn on it and it could be colored.

By Marie (Guest Post)05/05/2005

I just found one on www.thevirtualvine.com and it has a lot more than just this one. This one reads:

I am your little flower, Mom
Please help me grow and bloom
Take the weeds, but leave the roots
and give me lots of room.

Mom, you are my gardener;
My sunshine adn my rain.
Too much (I changed to too little) will make me wither
with enough, I'll bloom again.

I am you little flower, Mom
I'm different from the rest;
Don't pick me Mom, just help me grow
To be my very best.

Rebecca Armstrong

By Bethany (Guest Post)03/25/2005

I am looking for poems for the little girls to say at our mother-daughter banquet ( which is like a tea party).

By saya (Guest Post)02/04/2005

since one year are we together

we are together

By Bonnie (Guest Post)01/31/2005

GinAnn, you could use a famous quote from a former First Lady:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

By Isabel Sims (Guest Post)01/29/2005

I bought a couple of these at a craft show, there are made of plastic canvas and are cut in a shape of a tea cup. There are two pieces and they are stitched all around the outside with wool. Inside is a tea bag and this poem, " I wish that we could sit down together and drink a cup of tea, but since we can't when you have this one, I hope you'll think of me.

By Tammy [2]01/29/2005

I did this a couple years ago. I used fruit flavored tea bags and wrote from the Bible: Galations 5:22, 23; " But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

By Julie (Guest Post)01/28/2005

http://www.thevirtualvine.com/MothersDay.html

I found a cute Mothers Day Tea Poem on this site. They have a lot of cute ideas.

By Nettie (Guest Post)01/28/2005

I saw a nice card made years ago with Happy Mother's Day on the front, but the front could be decorated any way you like with bits of lace and stencils to look like an old Victorian tea pot. It was a piece of coloured construction paper folded in half and cut out in the shape of a tea pot. Nice wall paper could be the outer cover with the plain paper inside for the message. Inside was a poem on one side and a tea bag attached to the other side. It read, Sit down Mom and talk with me, let's share our thoughts over cups of tea.

By Anita01/28/2005

My parents live quite a distance from me and they sent me a cup made from plastic canvas. It was made from two pieces of plastic canvas cut in shapes like a cup and a bit of yarn decoration around the top and sewn together with the yarn. It also has a magnet on the back. It came with a note " I wish we could sit down and have a cup of tea. But since we can't when you have this one. I hope you will think of me!" They tucked a tea bag inside the plastic canvas cup. I don't drink tea but every time I see this on my fridg I think of them.

By brenda newton [6]01/27/2005

At Christmas one year at one of the Christmas parties, we each received a tea bag attached to a cut out piece of construction paper in the shape of a tea pot. The saying on the tea pot could be adjusted to fit your theme.....

On Christmas Day
At half past three
Brew yourself a cup of tea,
And I'll think of you
While you think of me
Sitting beside the Christmas tree.

By Connie (Guest Post)01/27/2005

Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting,
Favorite chairs anticipating,
No matter what I have to do,
My friend there's always time for you.
~Anonymous~

By Linda (Guest Post)01/27/2005

How about something like-Having you for a mom-suits me to a T