Chevy Venture Engine Doesn't Stay On

I have a 1997 Chevy Venture, the engines cranks but doesn't stay on.

Raul from Puerto Rico

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If it's cold where you are maybe the gas line is frozen. I live on the IL/WI border and this is a problem we are having here. Get the vehicle into a warm garage and add a bottle of Heet to a full gas tank. Good luck!

I also have a 97 Venture and I've had the motor redone TWICE in it. I hope you don't have to go through the trouble I did!

It could be caused by many things. IE: the icm, fuel filter, bad fuel pump. Do you have a "CHECK" light on? It could also be the pcm module, though I would place my bet on the fuel pump. The pressure should be somewhere between 45-60 pounds.

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceDecember 16, 2008
Shopping Online
Advertising an Online Store
A child playing with a nanny.
Name Ideas for a Nanny Service
Night Safety Pedestrian Crossing
Night Safety Tips
Centipede
Getting Rid of Centipedes Inside Your Home
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:05:41 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.