Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Keeping Birds from Eating Strawberries

Strawberries growing.

Protect your berries from thieves so you can enjoy them. This guide is about keeping birds from eating strawberries.

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Keeping Birds from Eating Strawberries

To protect your strawberry beds from birds, gather several small pebbles, paint them red with craft paint and sprinkle them in and around your strawberry plants. After awhile, the birds will get tired of pecking the rocks and leave the strawberries alone.

Source: an old gardening magazine article I had read

Share Your Feedback: Once you try any of the above solutions, be sure to come back and give a "thumbs up" to the one that worked the best for you. Do you have a better solution? Click "Share a Solution" above!

Here are questions related to Keeping Birds from Eating Strawberries.

Question: Keeping Birds from Eating Vegetables and Strawberries

Has anyone ever used dog hair in their garden to prevent birds and other animals from eating their vegetables and strawberries? I mixed the hair into the soil all around my garden. I hope it works. Any other suggestions?

By Sandy L.