Apartment Warming Party

Has anyone ever hear of an apartment warming party? I was thinking of having one when I get my own place.

By missy424 from Akron, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Why Not? I think it is just the same idea as a house warming party: a chance to invite friends over to see the new place. Good Luck on finding the perfect place!

A party is always fun but if you're expecting gifts; be aware that people aren't going to be too quick to bring housewarming gifts when you actually buy a home.

Also, in an apt; you probably don't want lots of stuff to tote with your from place to place that probably won't fit in with your purchased house's decor.

It's a nice idea. In my area, people don't give housewarming gifts -- they just show up with beverages. LOL The whole point is to celebrate the new place, especially if it is your first new home, or quite a step up over the previous place. It is, as toolgirl said, a chance to welcome friends to your new home.

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceApril 6, 2009
Composting
Composting in an Apartment
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
Young woman sitting next to moving boxes.
First Apartment Gift Basket Ideas
Penguins on Ice Block
Fighting Global Warming
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:07:35 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.