Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

I have really dry scaly elbows. I have tried everything to get rid of this. They feel so bad that when rubbed against someone it scratches the individual and they look at my elbows to see if they look like sandpaper. They drive me crazy, but I have tried everything. Any great homemade remedies?

Thanks,
Angelheart from Clyde, TX

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By NCDarrell05/24/2011

Tried numerous remedies. The best I found was "Kerasal" One Step Exfolating Moisturizer. Its in the foot care section at my local Walmart. Just apply each day. You will see a huge difference by weeks end. May be for feet, but it does work on those rough dry elbows.

RE: Dry Elbows

By Em01/25/2010

I know someone else mentioned a product made by Burts bees wax, but just the normal cheap stick works. I have had dry elbows for years but this winter it got bad and hurt...I have tried tons of things and one day I was thinking how great the burts bees cheap stick is on my lips so i tried it on my elbow. Within hours it was so soft and smooth. Then after three days it no longer looked dry. Its been a week since I last did it and my elbows are perfect :)

By Grogle (Guest Post)01/22/2009

I don't know if I'd use the Desert wind stuff, you know whats in it? Emu oil, olive oil, and baby oil. That's right your getting the oil of olives, emus and babies! (fyi I have no way of backing up any of the claims I have just made)

By Fay Wright (Guest Post)11/18/2008

My legs, arms and feet were all itchy and flaky. I put "Desert Wind Cream Lotion" on them and now they are as smooth as a baby's bottom. Really, try it! You'll have the same in weeks

RE: Itchy skin

By Elle (Guest Post)06/16/2008

Wanna get rid of yorr sandpaper elbows? Do it the Mexican way! Lemons! Cut them in half and rub them against your elbows for 10 minutes.

By Nita Barber (Guest Post)06/06/2008

Try Desert Wind Skin Care cream. It is loaded with Emu oil, olive oil and cayenne. It will heal the elbows and knees within a week. Works great on dry chaffed skin.

By B (Guest Post)01/29/2008

Burt's Bees makes a really nice product called the Coconut Foot Creme. I put it on both my feet and elbows a couple times a week, and put socks over each, and my results have been fantastic.

By (Guest Post)10/21/2007

Salt water is the best cure. Soak for 10 minutes per day for 1 week, guaranteed they will be gone.

By Bonnie (Guest Post)04/17/2007

I use olive oil and salt rub. Just mix olive oil (walmart has a cheaper version) and regular table salt. Scrub your elbows and feet -- gets them supper smooth. Watch out for small cuts on fingers though, salt will make them burn.

By kerriegirl (Guest Post)01/28/2007

try dr. scholl's pedicure essentials foot cream. i know its for your feet, but it works wonders. i couldn't even put on a t-shirt without my elbow's snagging on the fabric.
just put it on 2-3 times a day, and you'll see results in several days!

By LRP (Guest Post)01/26/2007

been there. try using protroleum jelly. place a lot on each elbow then cover elbows with old socks with the foot part cut off. do this before going to bed and leave on overnight. might have to do it for about 4 days depending on how bad they are.

By Leann (Guest Post)01/13/2007

Try a paste of olive oil and sugar, and rub the dry skin gently in a circluar motion. Rinse off and pat dry, then add the type of lotion you like. You should see a difference in a short time.

By ellen wagner [18]01/13/2007

I use (from k-mart) the store brand of Eucerine cream. I used it 2-3 times a day, massaged in well, until my elbows were baby-butt smooth. Then only once a day. You do have to maintain. Excellent for all over body dryness. I use it in the mornings so it doesn't ruin my sheets.

By Joyce [12]01/13/2007

This is what i did. I got the green thick Pad (i think they use it for sanding). At fisrt it will hurt but i got use to it & now i use it to wash up with. It works great on your feet to.

By Cathy (Guest Post)01/12/2007

The first thing you need to do is scrub off the dead skin in the shower. I use a sandpaper block (wet). Do this morning and night. Then load on the moisturizer. If you buy a bottle of sweet almond oil, this is the most intensive treatment. Apply with a cotton ball. Maintenance is the key - no skipping! Good luck!

By Janice C. [18]01/12/2007

Many years ago I read a funny story in Reader's Digest from a woman who had breakfast each morning at the same restaurant. One morning she mentioned that she had rough, dry elbows and did anyone have a solution. The waitress said, "You need butter." So she put butter on her elbows every night. Two weeks later, she showed off her soft, smooth elbows to the waitress and thanked her profusely. The waitress said, "You needed butter for your pancakes. I got you 2 pats."

By Mary [2]01/12/2007

Hi, wash your elbows with baking soda. Put some on the palm of your hand & rub on wet elbow. This will make it smoother in just a few days. Do it every night. This also works on dry heels. Then moisturize. Very cheap & effective treatment!

By Fairy74 (Guest Post)01/10/2007

Olive oil, warmed slightly in the micro (not too hot!) with a piece of plastic over it for 4-5 minutes

By (Guest Post)01/10/2007

Crisco and cut a tube sock and slip over elbow