Pet Safe Slug Treatment

I am looking for a slug treatment that won't harm cats and dogs.

By Jackie

You can go to your local hardware store and buy Copper strips. The slugs/snails will not cross it. This method is pet proof. Good luck Sherri & Tucker

Cut pieces of PVC into 1 foot lengths. Squeeze deadline into them (just a squirt), tilt so deadline runs towards center. Slugs can enter PVC, animals cannot.

Bury a dish up to the rim in the soil and pour in a couple of inches of beer. Slugs can't resist it. We use it all the time.

The beer works great. Every spring, when I am planting my garden, I "plant" a couple of beer bottles. Bury them a couple of feet apart, standing them straight up, so the top of the bottle is level with the ground. Pour in a couple of inches of beer, and the slugs will crawl in. I add about an inch of beer every week. At the end of summer I toss out the slug filled bottle and start again the next spring. Works wonderfully!

I hear sprinkling hair (ask for it when yours gets cut) around the base of a plant the slugs do not like hair they wont cross it. It sticks to them. This will not harm you animals.

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas. Jackie

Slug on a Leaf
Getting Rid of Slugs
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlMarch 29, 2010
Carpet Cleaner
Pet Safe Carpet Cleaners
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice