Pet Safe Slug Treatment

I am looking for a slug treatment that won't harm cats and dogs.

By Jackie

Best Answer

Cut pieces of PVC into 1 foot lengths. Squeeze deadline into them (just a squirt), tilt so deadline runs towards center. Slugs can enter PVC, animals cannot.

Best Answer

Bury a dish up to the rim in the soil and pour in a couple of inches of beer. Slugs can't resist it. We use it all the time.

Best Answer

The beer works great. Every spring, when I am planting my garden, I "plant" a couple of beer bottles. Bury them a couple of feet apart, standing them straight up, so the top of the bottle is level with the ground. Pour in a couple of inches of beer, and the slugs will crawl in. I add about an inch of beer every week. At the end of summer I toss out the slug filled bottle and start again the next spring. Works wonderfully!

Best Answer

I hear sprinkling hair (ask for it when yours gets cut) around the base of a plant the slugs do not like hair they wont cross it. It sticks to them. This will not harm you animals.

Hello,

You can go to your local hardware store and buy Copper strips. The slugs/snails will not cross it. This method is pet proof. Good luck Sherri & Tucker

Thanks to all of you for your great ideas. Jackie