Underage Club For Birthday Party

I am turning 16 in August. My parents suggested doing it at an underage club. I can't exactly find one. I know they are here, I just don't know where. I have no idea what to do, or what theme to have. Any ideas?

Kaitlyn from Seattle, WA

I'm sure that there must be something of the sort in the Seattle area. All that an underage club is, is a nightclub that doesn't serve alcohol, and caters to teenagers. Trying looking up "teen clubs" in the yellow pages, and/or on the internet. Have fun and enjoy your birthday! If you don't want to do that, why don't you think about doing a "50's" themed party. You could wear 50's clothes and hairstyles, etc. And listen/ dance to 50's music. There are a lot of songs from that time period about being 16. "16 candles", "Sweet Little 16", "You're 16, You're Beautiful and You're Mine." etc. Or if you want it to be "groovier", have a 60's or 70's party. Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy your birthday!

If you can't find a local underaged club, why not rent a firehouse hall in the area, or some other hall, possibly Elk's lodge, Knights of Columbus, etc. Any sort of hall would do. They're not very expensive to rent out, at least not the ones I've rented, we had a party at one that let us rent it for $50 and a refundable $100 deposit that we got back if there was no damage. Hire a dj, or a local band to play, decorate with strobe lights, flashing colored lights, black lights, fog machines etc. that can be rented at party rental stores and have a buffet table of whatever foods you and your friends like to eat and non alcoholic drinks. Maybe you could even theme it like your own club, make a sign out front to hang over the door with your name or the number 16 out of plywood and paint it your favorite color maybe in glitter paint if you're a girly type and put lights around it and hang your favorite colored fabric around the doors like a curtain, maybe even have a "bouncer" outside, your dad even, letting people in on a list to make it seem like a real club. Maybe even get some inexpensive red carpet that leads inside. If you go to www.orientaltrading.com they have inexpensive glow products like glowsticks etc. and party supplies like table cloths that could also be fun. And you could make or order a nice cake from a local bakery and use sparklers for candles if you like, I always thought that was pretty and more fun that just a regular candle. I hope that helps, the options are limitless, just have fun and happy birthday!!

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayApril 16, 2008
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Name Ideas for a Craft Club
Name Ideas for a Craft Club
Decorate Cupcakes
Decorate Cupcakes at a Birthday Party
Senior Reading a Book
Hosting a Senior Book Club
🎄