Easter Egg Mosaic

These Easter eggs are very easy to make.

All you need is:

• heavy piece of cardboard cut in the shape of an egg
  • construction paper to cover the cardboard
  • Ad
  • yarn to cover the outside edges of the egg and a small piece of yarn for the hanger on the back.
    I used yarn that was all different colors.
  • eggshells rinsed out well with HOT water and dried, color them the same way as you color regular Easter eggs, with boiling water, vinegar, and food coloring (brown eggs work well, too). After coloring make sure to let them dry well

1. Start by cutting out your cardboard in the shape of an egg.
  2. Cover with a piece of construction paper. You could use hot glue or Elmer's. If you use Elmer's you have to let it dry before you glue on your eggshells.
  3. Then hot glue on the yarn around the outside of the egg. You have to do a little at a time because the glue dries so quickly. Hot glue on the small piece of yarn to the back of your egg for the hanger.
  4. Ad

5. Then you can make a design on the front of your egg. Smear a little Elmer's glue on the front of your egg and glue on the eggshells. You don't have to cover the egg entirely with the shells. Make sure to let some spaces in between the eggshells so it looks like mosaic tile.

If you want to keep some eggshells white it might be a good idea to boil your eggshells so you don't get sick.

Start saving your eggshells now so you can make these before Easter!

By luv2craft from Normalville, PA

Very neat, I will try that.

These are adorable and sounds like fun to make. How do all you crafty people come up with such great ideas!

These are lovely! I am going to try to make these with my Grandchilddren.

Thank You!

I thought the mosaic was hard to make until I tried it with my family.

Mosaic egg decoration.
Homemade Easter Decorations
Crafts Easter DecorationsMarch 28, 2006
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Making a Mosaic Tile Tabletop
bunny sitting next to basket with plastic Easter eggs
Making Faux Chocolate Bunnies
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye