Write Directions in Large Print

It's gotten to the point that I have a hard time reading the small print on the directions I get off the internet map sites while I am driving. (No GPS here!) So I am now making a point of copying the relevant directions on the reverse of the map printout in block letters using a large heavy marker. That way I can SEE the directions! An obvious fix I hadn't thought of until now. Hope it helps someone else.

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

If you know how to copy and paste, you can do so with the directions, putting them in a word doc. Then, you can enlarge the print to a size that is easy to read, before printing. I'll often also put "breaks", extra space, between significant places in the directions; for instance, I'll do this when I'm crossing a major intersection, or leaving a busy area; the breaks in the directions let me know that a change is coming.

Save on the tedious hand writing by just copying the directions to a Word doc. Highlight the whole thing and change the font size to a larger size. You can also make them bold by clicking on "bold" while they're highlighted. Then print the directions on the back of the map. I copy a lot of things from the Internet, and usually change the size, and sometimes even the font itself, to make them more readable.

Good idea, and good feedback, exactly what I was going to say, lol! Instead I'll just point out how much easier it is, even for a person with 20/20 vision, to read larger print while trying to find an unfamiliar location. Thumbs up!

GPS are so cheap; and it also alerts you to turn ahead, not to mention that you don't have to read while driving.

Organizing MiscellaneousDecember 3, 2010
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
A calendar page showing January 1st.
Remembering to Write the Correct Year
installing software
Installing Corel Print House
🎄