Planting a Cutting from a Butterfly Bush

I would like to take a cutting of my butterfly bush and plant it in another place in my yard. Can this be done?

By Lorimae from Portland, OR

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think you'd have better luck growing them from cuttings, where you put it in vermiculite and water/mist it. Here's a link for more:

http://www.savv  om_cuttings.html

I do it all the time and it just grows for me. I cut a stem off, stick it in soil that is kept watered and eventually it takes root.

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsJuly 21, 2010
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:02:53 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.