Denim And Pink Recycled Quilt

Here's another denim craft to make. I love to recycle. Fun to recreate lovely things. I made this out of old jeans and feed bags. The one side the seams do not show, the other side they do and are cut with a scissors and washed in order to make it fringe more. The one solid pink square on the side that has all printed blocks and denim was a mistake. After I made the whole thing and laid it out, I noticed the mistake. I took it all apart in that row and put a pink print square there to make it correct. Call me a perfectionist. I don't care. It had to be fixed. LOL!

By Sewing Granny from Millbury, OH

Denim And Pink Recycled Quilt

Did you know that the Amish always have a "mistake" in their quilts, or so it is told, because they do not want to offend God, since only He can make something perfect.

I would have done the same thing too. Although I am interested in the Amish belief too. But then my sewing there is always something a "mistake". But I have blocks all cut out for a quilt, I started a trial piece and the machine seemed to get gummed up real quick. I bought heavy jean needles, do you have any tips? I would love to make the quilt (now that winter is halway over, my DD will be warm NEXT year!).

Nice. Reminds me of the quilt I had as a child.

What a beautiful quilt. I like the pastel pink and blue colors together. And the denim must make it very warm and cozy.

May I have specific instructions on how to make this quilt? Also, what is a feedbag and where can I buy them?

I was just making it, when I came across your post. Such a coincidence. LOL.

THIS IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL!! LUV THE FEED BAGS, HOW WOULD I GET SOME WITHOUT THE FEED?? NOW YOU CAN TELL I WAS RAISED IN TOWN!!IT DON'T MAKE ME NO BAD GIRL, BUT MY HEART IS STILL OUT IN THE COUNTRY!!!

Here is link about feedsack or feedbag fabric for quilting

http://www.womenfolk.com/quilting_history/feedsacks.htm

Here is site that sells the feedbag/feedsack fabric.

http://www.blushingroseboutique.com/

Hope it helps.

Photos CraftsJanuary 15, 2008
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
The back pocket of blue jeans.
Softening Stiff Denim
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Denim Wallet
Making a Denim Wallet
🎉
🎄