Sunless Tanning Lotion and Shaving

If I use Jergen's self tanning lotion that has been so popular in the last few years, won't it be a waste of time b/c when you shave won't it come off? I want a little color but don't want the damage from the sun. BUT, I also don't want to waste my time putting it on only to shave it off. How have products like this worked for you and your shaving?

Paula from GA

I personally don't like Jergens, #1 for the icky smell and #2 because it took so long for the color to show up, I use the Vaseline one. However, once I did use the Vaseline the color came up quick and no smell and it I used it everyday I had no problem when I shaved. I don't shave every day but even if you do, the lotion dyes the first few layers of skin and you don't take off that much with a razor. I wouldn't exfoliate everyday, that would make a big difference. Hope that helps.

P.S. KUDOS to you for not damaging your skin by laying in the sun or a tanning bed. I'd rather be pale and ALIVE, than tan and DEAD!!!!

I use Tan Perfect. It h as an extra layer under the layer that is tanning. I put it on before going to bed and use an old sheet to lay on. I also wear an something dark or old to sleep in. Then I take a shower in the morning and shave and the Tan Perfect still stays on. The best I have found yet.

I have used all types of self-tanning lotions and towels. In all the different types of products I have used, I have never had a problem with the color "coming off" when I shave my legs. The color kind of soaks into your skin. My personal favorite is the tan towels. They are the easiest and fastest to apply and the color lasts the longest.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care TanningApril 6, 2007
Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
lotion bottle
Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes