Tips from Years of Tent Camping

Camping tips I've learned from years of camping in a tent at the race track!

• Use plastic see through containers, marked and organized. I had one that I wrote "Kitchen" on the side of and whatever had to do with cooking went in that box.

• Pack you non perishable food in cardboard boxes with lids that you can use as kindling on the last night after the food is gone. (in an office, printer paper comes in great boxes.)

• The night before we leave camp, I combine the drink cooler and what food is left into one cooler. I dry the other cooler and put all the dirty clothes in it.

• A small piece of medium-grade sandpaper can be used for smoothing the joints of a tent pole for a better connection, roughing up fabric for a repair patch or striking a match.

• Try to bring multi-purpose items. For example, pack your clothes in one of those plastic 2 or 3 drawer small shelving units. It serves 2 purposes, a suitcase and a table in the tent. Or, get a cooler that has a seat cushion on top. Stuff like that.

• Bring string. Pin it to a small tent leak in the ceiling and run the string to the floor, away from the head of beds or sleeping bags. Water will run down the string.

By laidback racing from Charleston, SC

Orange camping tent pitched near a mountain lake.
Tent Camping Tips
Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping TipsMay 6, 2011
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
Blue and Yellow Dome Tent
Buying a Tent
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
🎉
🎄