Recommended RV Books

My husband and I are interested in becoming full time RVers when he retires in about 4 years. Does anyone have any books on the subject they could recommend? I am trying to watch costs so hate to buy new books only to find out I don't need that information. Outdated books are fine as they give me a start to look for other sources.

Mary from Siloam Springs, AR

I borrowed Camping and RV magazines from friends before I decided to purchase a camper. They were great. Full of very useful information. Also, when you do buy a camper and insure it with an insurance company that specializes in camper insurance they usually have a camper magazine subscription for free that comes with the insurance policy. If you don't know anyone with a camper, try the library. Or look on Amazon.com for used books.

Happy Camping!

Teri

Try this website: http://www.rvtraveler.com/

It has a lot of information and tips, a forum, a newsletter, plus a bookstore.

We're not full-timer RV'ers but have acquired lots of helpful tips from this site. Hope it is helpful to you.

Mary,

Glad to see another NWA resident on here. I got a couple of RV books at a garage sale last summer. I don't know about Siloam, but in Rogers we have a used book store that may have something, I would call and ask what they have and the prices on them. I can run down and get them for you if you have them hold anything for you, then we can meet in Springdale or somewhere so you can get them. I was coming to Siloam alot until this past 5 weeks, I quit smoking and have to stay out of the casinos so I don't start again, so don't know when I will be in Siloam again. Also, I am a member of www.bookcrossing.com and you could probably sign up free there and borrow or trade with some of the members. I have recvd a couple of books thru there. Hope this helps, will include my email address and phone for you, I am also in the book under John and Dede Payne.

seachelle1 @ cox.net (remove spaces) 479-636-3737

Go to the library. You can also look up on the interent some books, if you like them ask your library to order them. Sometimes they will do this for you.

Try the Workers On Wheels website at http://www.workersonwheels.com and the sites you can link to from there. There's a lot of general RVing info, not just about working while RVing.

Hello from Illinois. My hubby and I also have the itch to full time. I found alot of info in the book called Movin' On by Ron & Barb Hofmeister. Hope this helps. Good Luck :)

Thanks so much for all your help. I have been checking some of the websites, etc. and found several books we plan to order soon. It would be hard for me to get our local library to do much on this subject unless several people requested it -- their budget is much too small. Right now we are at the planning stage and trying to decide where we want our homebase to be etc. We lived in an rv several years ago in an rv park so are not unfamiliar with the small space and double duty things have to be able to do. We are looking forward to hearing from other fulltimers and how they manage to keep family members happy(those left behind). I have a feeling it will be harder for some of our family than for us as they are used to having us close by at all times to do things when they need help.

Thanks again,

Mary

Travel and Recreation TravelJanuary 31, 2006
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Study Table With Books
Decorating With Books
🎉
🎄