Poll: Have you driven the same car for 10 years or more?

Today's poll asks: Have you driven the same car for 10 years or more?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the feedback forum below.

I maintain a 1988 Crown Vic Wagon for my pups! We drive it twice a year from DC to Atlanta and they love the room!

It is an excellent car, drives better than my Mercedes (the pups think - they hate leather seats) and I keep it going for them!

I will never part with this car unless it disintegrates LOL

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

I have a 1996 Oldsmobile Cierra I have driven for 10 years this past May or June. Would not think of trading yet. It has been a great car, comfortable to ride in and still gets good gas mileage which is a plus these days.

I bought my first! car in February 2002, a yellow Fiat Uno Cento named Girly. I planned to drive Girly for the rest of my life, but in November 2005 a drunken driver wrote my Girly off when he crashed into me at a red robot, slamming Girly into the car in front of me. I was told that I would not have survived the accident if I had not had the sparewheel in the back of the car. Now I drive a white Toyota Tazz named Willem, but my heart still aches for my little Girly.

WE HAVEN'T HAD OUR TAHOE FOR QUITE THAT LONG. ONLY 5 YEARS BUT INTEND TO KEEP IT FOREVER. IF WE HAVE TOO WILL SIMPLY JUST PUT ANOTHER ENGINE IN IT AND GO WE TRULY LOVE IT

I have driven cars until, or way beyond 10yrs. old in the past. Todays cars are far more difficult to work on, unless you are a mechanic, and for even fairly simple tasks. When things do begin breaking down now in comparison, it can quickly add to a lot of money between parts and labor. There has to be a mechanic (in my world anyway) that is trustworthy. I do not like the worry of driving a high mileage car long distances. Where I live everything is a long distance! ^_^ So I would have to say I do like the security of warantees, a newer car and less worry.IMHO.

I drove my '76 Ford, 12 passenger Club Wagon for 12 years. We bought it new and it was the favorite transportation for church and school field trips for years and then for hauling the kids to college also. Now we have a '93 Ford, F-350, crew cab pickup with a matching camper/topper shell. We've driven it for over 12 years and it is going strong. It has hauled kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews out to Colorado several times for ski trips, with lots of room for skis and luggage...and 4-wheel drive so the snow never slowed us down. It has taken on the responsibility of hauling the college bound now........only now it's grandchildren! It has also been great when we want to go bike riding and can stash 6 bikes in the back and 6 people in the cab! It is on standby these days with fuel so expensive we drive it only when we need its power and size. My "Grandma car" is a '95 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. I absolutely LOVE this car and plan to drive it until the wheels won't stay on anymore! It's a V-8, rides like you're on a cloud and gets 23 miles per gallon. I've had this car for 8 years and hope to drive it another 2 years! My husband drives a '95 Mercury Sable to work. We've only had it for 3 years but plan to drive it until it dies. We've both owned several new cars in our lives and quickly realized that the thrill of the NEW wears off rather quickly while that large car payment drags on forever! We will never buy a NEW car again. All our vehicles are paid for, taxes and insurance are low.....so we buy fuel and occasionally tires! We don't need a new vehicle to flaunt and show the world we have value. We know our value and what the world thinks doesn't bother us...hence the old cars! Forget the ego and status symbol and buy a NEW car that's about 4 years old. You'll be so far ahead of the game! And that..........dear children, is the end of this sermon! LOL!!!

AMEN Grandma Margie! I have a 92 Ford escort Wagon (we bought it last year) and a wonderful DH that is a natural born mechanic! We bought a new car when we first were married, and for commuting I put 120k miles on it in 5 years, and I could have driven it more if we didn't have to move! I like my wagon now, especially since DH replaced the water pump! I won't buy a new(er) car unless I win the lottery or PCH, and I would drive that into the ground too!

Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
🎉
🎄