Keeping a Piano in Tune

If you dread the high cost of tuning your piano there is one simple solution. Just play it! Many people think that if you just leave your piano to set that it will not lose its tune, but the opposite is actually true. It is better to play the piano to keep it in tune!

By Robin

Thank you, Robin.....I have a God given talent to play the piano. I haven't played for a long while, for numerous personal reasons. My daughter-in-law asked me a few weeks go, "Have you been playing your piano?" I dusted it and the keyboard today, but just didn't feel the need to play, again!

I will play my piano before I go to sleep tonight and more often. I really don't care if it's in tune or not, because it has been a great gift of talent from my Father/God, and He's always 'in tune'.

Thank You for this was what I needed to spark me back into reality today!

Thank you !

God works in mysterious ways!!

Have been playing playing my heart out on my piano tonight, and it's in perfect tune! I plan to keep it that way! My Beagle/puppy dog is rolling his eyes at me, wondering if I'll ever go nite-nite.

I'm going now.

Thank you Robin for the tip at the perfect time for me!!

Good night and may God bless you!

Keeping it away from heat vents, direct sunlight, cold drafts, fireplace heat, etc. will help. Changes in humidity and temperature or moving the piano around can cause it to become "out of tune". You want to keep it's temperature and humidity levels relatively constant.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersJanuary 29, 2005
Piano Keyboard
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors From a Piano
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Tuning Piano
Odor Coming from Piano Keys After Tuning
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Pied Piper Costume