Halloween Costumes for Groups

I'm on the drumline in Marching Band at school. Every year the band does Halloween parades and we are instructed that each section needs to think of Halloween costumes and dress up. We need to think of a group Halloween costume. There's about 26 people on the drumline, I am one of 2 girls. Any ideas on what we can be?

By xdthatsrockin from PA

26 people all dressing alike was a hard one for me. I suggest you do the people in the Micheal Jackson video thriller. You should be able to find it on you tube and view the costumes. It is very halloween and a very timely story so most people will know exactly who you are.

How about a barnyard theme: a farmer, farmer's wife, all the different animals. Not scary but could turn out very funny.

I thought of some more ideas:

26 letters of the alphabet. Along the parade route you can do different formations to spell out things to the crowd.

You could do something to play on the fact that there are only 2 girls: like the girls dress as football players (I'm sure you can borrow uniforms from your school) and all the boys have to dress as Hooters waitresses (a white man's tank with an iron on transfer saying "hooters" on the front that can be made on anyone's computer, short orange shorts of any kind, wigs, lipstick, and definitely the front of the shirt "stuffed"). You could do two Hugh Heffners and a bunch of Playboy bunnies, or two Frankensteins with a bunch of scary brides.

I like the "Thriller video" idea! That would be really cool. Here's a few more ideas to toss around; pirates (easy-bandanas, eye patches, drawn on beards, ect.), "traditional" halloween-witches, ghosts, mummies, ect., kind of like the barnyard idea previously mentioned...you could go with zoo animals. Hope that helps.

Here's a couple of ideas for groups:

1: the "head" family

easy to put together

mop head, pot head, bed head, bald head, bone headeraser head, pin head, hammer head, nail head, etc. the popossibilities are immense.

A few years later we went as the "board" family:

key board, mother board, flat board, chalk board, white board, black board, out board, in board, etc.

Good luck

A group of men dressed up like fruit.
Group Halloween Costume Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor ParadesSeptember 16, 2009
Smiling Woman in Belly Dance Costume
Making a Belly Dancer Costume
Elvis costume
Halloween Costumes Ideas for Work
Boy in Devil Costume
Making a Devil Costume
A dog dressed up like a chia pet.
Photos of Dogs in Halloween Costumes