What to Do With Finished Jigsaw Puzzles

My girls love to do jigsaw puzzles and hate to break them apart after doing them. What to do with all those puzzles? I decided to cover the puzzle with clear contact paper. I can then use it as a beautiful placemat, furniture protector under plants, dog dishes mat, and I'm sure there are other uses I will find later! Very simple to do. After completing puzzle, simply measure the contact paper, adding 1 inch on all sides. Take off paper backing and cover finished puzzle. Carefully bend the 1 inch excess to the back of the puzzle. Then turn the puzzle over, cut a piece to fit and attach contact paper. Washable and beautiful. Hint: I found out with my dog mat that I needed to put an extra 2 inch strip around the edges to provide a better seal for waterproofing!

By Cynthia from Ava, IL

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Where do you find clear contact paper? I've been told to look at the $$$ store and it is never there. They have many different styles but not clear. I've been to 3 around my area and no luck. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Tammi

You can also find it at Wal-Mart in the contact paper aisle. Worst comes to worst, they sell it in preschool teacher catalogs. Google it and buy it like that. It's not too expensive. Like $20 a roll of like 50 feet. I have never seen it at the actual $ store. Ussually $ General or Family $.

Check with you local craft store for puzzle glue. You simply brush it on the front of the puzzle, let it dry (it dries virtually invisible), and you will have a new family-made piece of art! We have several in our house, and my daughter always points them out to any visitors.

I think it is very cool, but I always like redoing my puzzles again and again. It is just so much fun to amaze my friends by finishing it in just a couple minutes.

I put duct tape on the back of mine and hang them on the walls. I never buy a puzzle I don't want up on my wall, but I like your idea, too.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Jigsaw puzzle piece picture frame
Crafts Using Jigsaw Puzzles
Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorJune 6, 2006
paper plate painted different colors and cut into puzzle
Paper Plate Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Puzzle Pieces
Making a Puzzle Wreath
Framing Puzzles
Framing Completed Puzzles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 26, 2016 at 11:11:09 PM on 10.0.0.25 in 291 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.